InGaAs Image Sensors Market Research Report: by Type (Linear, Area), Application (Optical Communication, DWDM, Spectroscopy, OCT, Machine Vision) Vertical (Military and Defense, Transportation, Food and Beverages), and Region — Global Forecast till 2023
— Market Snapshot
The global InGaAs image sensors market is expected to expand at 14.04% CAGR during the forecast period 2018–2025.
The introduction of InGaAs image sensors market for detecting and capturing images in near-infrared (NIR) and short-wave infrared (SWIR) wavelengths has spanned across various applications ranging from optical communication to sorting and inspection. InGaAs image sensors comprise a CMOS readout IC (ROIC) for signal processing. These sensors are highly operable and are efficient in sensing particles by providing exceptional results in noise and dark current situations.
The demand for InGaAs image sensors market is attributed to the increasing adoption of InGaAs image sensors in machine vision applications, and military and defense operations. Moreover, the increasing applications of InGaAs image sensors for spectroscopy, tomography, inspection, sorting, and others have enabled image sensor manufacturers to incorporate InGaAs technology in their product portfolio and to expand their businesses to various geographies. The market also seeks opportunities due to the emergence of Industry 4.0. However, the complexities involved in the manufacturing of InGaAs sensors might limit market growth.
Get Free Sample Copy @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/7627
Global InGaAs Image Sensors Market, By Type, 2014 VS 2017 VS 2025 (USD Million)
InGaAs linear image sensors are high-speed infrared image sensors that find applications in object screening and medical diagnostic equipment. These sensors consist of InGaAs photodiode array, an offset compensation circuit, a charge amplifier array, a shift register, and a timing generator formed on a CMOS chip. These sensors are ideally suited for high-reliability devices. These sensors are mainly used in near field multichannel spectrophotometers, radiation thermometers, and non-destructive inspection. InGaAs linear image sensor when built in readout integrated circuit (ROIC), is easy to handle. However, they are expensive and has application in high-end devices.
InGaAs Image Sensor Market arrays is based on a metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) process, that arranges thin layers of InGaAs on substrates with matching crystal lattice constant, such as Indium phosphide (InP). The InGaAs area image sensors find their application in thermal imaging monitors, near-infrared (NIR) image detectors, and laser beam profiler among others. Moreover, these sensors are used for thermal image monitoring, foreign object screening, hyperspectral imaging, NIR imaging, traffic monitoring, and non-destructive inspection.
The key players in the global InGaAs image sensors market are Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan), United Technologies Corporation (US), Teledyne Technologies Inc. (US), FLIR Systems, Inc. (US), Chunghwa Leading Photonics Tech (Taiwan), New Imaging Technologies (France), Xenics (Belgium), Sofradir Group (France), Jenoptik (Germany), SemiConductor Devices (Israel), First Sensor AG (Germany), and Luna (US).
1. By Type: InGaAs Linear Image Sensors, and InGaAs Area Image Sensors
2. By Application: Optical Communication, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Surveillance and security, Physics and Chemistry Measurements, Spectroscopy, Sorting Inspection, Optical Coherence Tomography, and Machine Vision
3. By Vertical: Military and Defense, Industrial Automation, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Transportation, and Food and Beverages
InGaAs image sensors market by region has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America accounted for the largest market share of 33.08% in 2017, with a market value of USD 12.28 million; the market is expected to register a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. Europe was the second-largest market in 2017, valued at USD 10.65 million; the market is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 14.00%. However, the market in Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 16.10%. The growth in the North American region is driven by the presence of key players in military and defense, scientific research, and industrial automation. Moreover, increasing investments in military and defense is further expected to propel the InGaAs sensors market in North America in the near future.
• In October 2018, UTC Aerospace Systems, now Collins Aerospace, entered into an agreement with the US Office of Naval Research (ONR) to develop one of the highest resolution indium gallium arsenide (InGaAs) near-infrared/shortwave infrared (NIR/SWIR) imaging sensor. The sensor is equipped with ISR situational awareness capability and provides a resolution of 16 megapixel which is 16 times more precise than the company’s existing offering
• In March 2018, New Imaging Technologies had launched a WiDy SenS camera which is efficient in dealing with fast variations in illumination. The camera combines linear and logarithmic response, thus providing high sensitivity and high dynamic range for surveillance applications
• In January 2018, FLIR Systems, Inc. launched the A6260c, a shortwave infrared (SWIR) camera, based on a 640 x 512 InGaAs detector which is designed for science and R&D applications. The camera features adjustable frame rates, synchronized triggering, and a built-in flat field shutter that can be controlled for spatially-uniform image quality
• In January 2018, Sofradir launched the Snake SW TECless VGA shortwave infrared (SWIR) detector, designed for high-volume applications such as machine vision, security, and surveillance
• In June 2017, Hamamatsu developed a low-cost 1D InGaAs image sensor, G13913 series, for installation in a portable analytical instrument. The sensor is made by employing a small size Leadless chip-carrier (LCC) package and can be used for near-infrared spectroscopy
Get Complete Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/ingaas-image-sensors-market-7627
Key questions addressed by the report
• What was the historic market size (2017)?
• Which segmentation (Type/Application/Vertical) is driving market?
• What will be the growth rate by 2025?
• Who are the key players in this market?
• What are the strategies adopted by key players?
Name: Abhishek Sawant
Email: Send Email
Organization: Market Research Future
Address: Contact Us:, Market Research Future, Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers, Pune – 411028, Maharashtra, India
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Release ID: 513256